In this case it is a really good idea to hire a removalist, because when you have, say, four people all moving from one place to another—four beds, chests of drawers, closets— it can become a massive production. Using removalists makes the whole process heaps easier, and it doesn’t work out to be that expensive when you divide the cost four ways. So you have decided to use a removalist. What next?
Now you have to work out which removalist you are going to use, and this will depend on a number of things:
• How much you can afford to spend.
• Which companies service your area.
• Which companies have a good reputation?
• Whether you want your removalist to do your packing, or whether you want to do it yourself.
• Whether you want your removalist to do your unpacking, or whether you want to do it yourself.
Remember—you need to book in early, as some removalists are booked up six weeks in advance! There are a few things to look out for when checking quotes by removalists. The quote will take into account a number of factors, such as the number of stairs they have to climb (at each end) and how easy it is to park outside each place.